Chovocado Fire Mousse
by Wholly Guacamole® brand
You won't be able to get enough of this sweet heat! Cinnamon and cayenne pepper are a bold flavor pairing with sweet chocolate and creamy avocado. This unique mousse will be a showstopper with your family and friends. There's also a kid friendly version, just in case it's a bit too spicy for the little ones.
Prep time: about 15 minutes
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, taken from the top of an unshaken can
- 1 cup Wholly Guacamole 100% Avocado dip
- 3 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher or sea salt
- In a microwave safe dish, break the chocolate into smaller pieces. Melt the chocolate for about 1 minute on high, in the microwave. Remove from the microwave. Not all the chocolate will be melted.
- Stir the chocolate with a knife blade to continue melting, until completely melted. Add the coconut milk and stir to mix well. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor, put in the Wholly Guacamole avocado dip and process for about 30 seconds. Scrape the sides of the bowl and process again. Add the remaining ingredients then cooled chocolate mixture. Process until mixed thoroughly. Put in serving bowls and serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- The heat intensifies if refrigerated overnight, so if you are making it ahead use only 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne unless you like it spicy!
Kid friendly (not spicy), busy mom version:
- 1 cup Wholly Guacamole 100% avocado dip
- 4 tablespoons Mexican hot chocolate mix
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Put the Wholly Guacamole avocado dip in a food processor, process for about a minute, scrape the sides of the bowl, and process again.
- Add the hot chocolate mix and sift the unsweetened cocoa powder into the mixture.
- Process until thoroughly mixed. Put in serving bowls and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Even if you make the kid friendly version, this recipe is still dynamite. Knock everyone's socks off with this unexpected flavor combination!