One of my New Years Resolutions is to eat at home more often. I am the daughter of restaurateurs and eating out is a big part of my lifestyle. I would love my daughters to think of eating out as a rare treat -- not a regular meal time option.
I needed a tool to help me with my goal. My daughters can easily find something to enjoy from an Indian restaurant as they can a Pizzeria so I needed some great tasting recipes. Recipes that are not afraid of flavour! I have my arsenal of go-to family pleasing recipes but I felt I needed more. That is when I set to the internet. I found some free printable for menu plans, recipes, shopping lists, but nothing that combined all those things into one tool. Then I remember seeing Relish in a blog post years ago.
Relish. Their tag line is "Meal Planning Made Easy" and they do it right!
How does it work?
Every Thursday a new menu choice is loaded. When you log in you see all the choices available including kid-friendly, quick, simple-gourmet, vegetarian and more. You pick as many (or as little) of the recipes you would like. The shopping list is created for you nice and quick. The recipes print out on individual sheets making it easy to reference and find at dinner time.
Relish also has the option to pick some freezer meals. This is a great idea in that every shopping trip I include one meal for the freezer. Perfect for those days I know I won't want to cook. You can also chose one dessert to make for the week. I like that idea too!
I have been using Relish for a month now and I love it. What do I love? Well...
- The recipes are easy and flavourful
- You can customize it to match sales at your grocers (pick your own menu)
- Easy to follow recipes
- Saving money eating in
- Trying new recipes
- Shopping list is DONE and accurate
- Not too many "odd" ingredient
- I discovered my family loves bok choy (I know right??)
- The whole family knows what is for dinner
- ALL the ingredients are in the house (no surprise runs to the store!)
- You can scale to the number of people you are feeding
- Having all these dished to do as we are eating in more!
The great people over at Relish have provided me with a brand new PROMO CODE: SHANNON Will Get You 15% OFF any level. Enjoy!